Monday, April 7, 2014

Will iPhone 6 rumors live up to the hype?

Picture from read.bi/1emPM1K 
We all do it. We go on the internet and look up the latest technology to come out of Apple. One of those technology updates that I know I look up is when the new iPhone 6 will come out and what it will look like. Well, according to Adario Strange, the rumors that have been circulating on this topic are starting to solidify. A popular feature of the current Android phones is the size of the screen. This is, hopefully, something that iPhone and Android users will have in common when the iPhone is released. We could soon be seeing an iPhone with an increase in screen size from 4.0 to 4.7 and possibly 5.5 inches. They are still working out the kinks, though. Currently, they are only working on the 4.7 model, due to problems with the “in-cell production technology”.


I don’t know about anyone else, but due to the lack of technological advancement in the past several iPhones, when it came time for me to upgrade my phone, I switched to the phone that touted that it had the best camera on the market, the Nokia Lumia 1020, and my sister switched to an Android. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my iPhone, but I wanted more out of it than it could supply. To make a long story short, we both ended up switching back to the iPhone because there was too much of a difference in the operating systems. 

My point with this slightly off topic aside is that, with all of these rumors on how different and better the new iPhone 6 is going to be, loyal Apple consumers, such as myself, are hoping that most of the rumors are true, and that it will be as different as they say. However, until the launch date, when true phone specs are released, we will just have to keep guessing. 

Article posted on mashable.com on April 2, 2014

1 comment:

  1. If the rumors are true, I think many people who believe Apple has stagnated in the phone market will change their mind. I'm still stuck on my iPhone 4s, but it honestly does everything I need it to do (for now) so I will keep it until the iPhone 5s or 6 goes way down in price. I think the screen size and the camera quality were the two biggest issues they need to address, and if they do, the iPhone 6 will be a real winner.

    ReplyDelete