Thursday, April 3, 2014

Private Messaging on Vine

Vine made some changes to its app. Now Vine users can add messages and send their videos to each other right though the app.

Previously there was no private message feature on Vine and although they have made the changes Vine users can only send one on one messages because Vine does not support group messaging yet.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I myself use vine and sometimes I would post silly videos to send to my friends, but then would take it off because I didn't want it out there for anyone to see. Being able to send the videos privately makes it easier to share things to just one or two people instead of the whole world.

I think Vine is just catching on. Private messaging is very big with social media. Instagram added a private messaging feature in December and both Twitter and Facebook continue to update their private messaging feature with Twitter updating theirs so users could send pictures through messages.

Vine messaging may not be available to all users just yet and Vine may be testing it in-house, but I am confident that there will be many more updates to come, not only to Vine, but all the different social media platforms as well.

You can read more about the new Vine messaging feature in an article posted April 3, 2014
at: http://mashable.com/2014/04/03/vine-messaging-camera-roll/

2 comments:

  1. I think customers will like this idea of a more secure and private vine instead of publicizing it for everyone to view. I agree with Jade and I definitely think this could be a step in the right direction for Vine. Many other big companies are moving to privacy changes like Instagram and of course, Twitter and Facebook. Hopefully, all social media platforms can keep expanding their networks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that users will appreciate the security of this new addition. I also find it interesting that so many social media sites are making so many changes and additions this year. They are trying so hard to stay relevant. I wonder how futile their attempts are, because it is only going to take one new app store upload of a new and exciting social media site to render them obsolete.

    ReplyDelete